Friday, March 7, 2014

Pretty in Pink Eyeshadow Look

Before I get into the details on this look I want to give you some makeup tips.
I always get asked...
  • "How do you get your eyeshadow to look so vibrant?"
    • I wet all my lid eyeshadows (except matte eyeshadows) with MAC's Fix + to make them appear more opaque and vibrant. Depending on the eyeshadow, I pat on a few layers on to make the eyeshadow pop. The brush I always use on my lid is MAC's 242 brush.
  • "How do you get a clean sharp edge along the outer v/crease?"
    • I either use a MAC wipe to clean up the eyeshadow fall out and as I'm doing that, I drag the wipe up towards the brow (at an angle). That will give you a clean precise finish. The second option is to use Shadow Shields. This will not only catch any fall out, but also give you a sharp edge along the outer crease. Check them out www.shadowshields.com
  • "What are you must have eyeshadow brushes?"
    • Read my blog on my favorite eyeshadow brushes :-)
Now onto this look i did. Pink eyeshadow can be tricky because if you're not careful it can be over kill on the eyes or it can make you look sick. I always like to warm up my crease with neutral shades to balance out the look.

Before you apply your eyeshadow make sure you apply a good eyeshadow primer. My go to primer is MAC Painterly Paint Pot. It is a pro longwear base and it helps my eyeshadow last for 10+ hours. A lot of people have asked me if this is good for oily lids. I honestly haven't had a problem with it or on myself or on my clients but it's going to work differently on everyone. You can always go to the MAC counter and ask for a sample so you can try it out before you purchase it.

1. Start by taking a fluffy blending brush (MAC 224) and the color Soft Brown by MAC. This is going to be your transition color. Again, make sure you blend, blend, blend. That is the key to a flawless look.

2. If Soft Brown is dark enough for you, then skip this next step. I love warming up the crease with deeper neutrals so taking Cocoa Bear from Makeup Geek and the same blending brush (MAC 224), buff that into the crease. Remember not to take it too far up.

3. To add some definition to the crease take Damson by MAC (Pro Color) and place it in the deepest part of your crease using a smaller fluffy blending brush (MAC 217).

4. Now for my favorite part of this look. I LOVE MAC pressed pigments. I own almost every shade and they are the best. A lot of people use their finger to apply these but I like to take my flat shader brush (MAC 242), spray it with some MAC Fix + and then dip it into the pressed pigment. The pressed pigment used for this look is called Rock Candy. I don't know if they still have it in stores or online but I believe MAC has a lighter pink shade that will also work. You want to make sure you pat this color on. I always add 2-3 layers of the pressed pigments just to make the color really opaque. I use the first layer wet and the other 2 dry.

5. I love wearing a thick liner especially when I have a lot of color going on. I feel like it helps tone down the look a bit. For this look and all my other looks I use my favorite liner at the moment, MAC Blacktrack Fludiline. I apply this with my RC Cosmetics liner brush. For the bottom waterline I used MAC smolder and smudged it out with a 217 brush and Cocoa Bear eyeshadow.

6. The lashes used here are by House of Lashes in the style Noir Fairy (black). www.houseoflashes.com

On the lips I'm wearing a lipliner by MAC and I apologize for not being able to provide the name. I've had it for a while and the name rubbed off. I don't know if MAC still carries it. For my lipstick I'm wearing a pink lipstick that was hand made for me by www.five11fashion.com. You can find it on their website under the shade "Pretty in Pink" for $12.00 (USD). All their lipsticks are hand made so make sure to check them out.

Hope you try this look out and if you do, let me know if my tips helped.

4 comments: